Jigging for BlackFish - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

The concept of jigging for blackfish is entirely new to me. I will appreciate any info on the use of jigs such as TidalTails.
Jaye43B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

I had the same question as you when i fisrt started using the jig, here is a message i got from John Knight...Hope it heps you out!!

Hi Angler. Welcome to toggin with jigs. My name is John Knight. I am the owner of Tidaltails and the designer of the jig. I sort of agree with the posts but let me share this with you. On the lighter jigs I use a 8-17 lb spinning rod loaded with 50 lb Sufix Braid with a 40 lb
fluorocarbon leader. Shallow water from 5 to 20 feet and usually a 1/2 oz is good, but have gone up to a 1 oz. Asians are about all I use on the jigs and I hook the Asian threw the back leg on slightly out the side. Pinch the shell of the crab to juice it a little. Pitch it slightly into the area you are fishing and lift up on the rod until the slack is gone. Just wait and you may see the line going off the either side or even slight pecks on the jig in which case you slowly lift a little. If you feel a little weight, at that point increase the lift speed and if the rod folds over cross the eyes of the tog. If you are good at Fluke fishing you will rock with the jig. Just remember, you don't have to swing and hit airplanes to set up on a tog. It will not take long to get the hang of it. In deeper water I use the heavier Tidaltails to 4 oz. There it is a simple drop the bottom, pick up on the slack and walk it around. If you feel hits do the same as above. Lift SLIGHTLY and if you feel the weight of a fish...set up on him. Bang!!!! another one.
Thanks for buying my jigs and enjoy. Send some photos to us. Enjoy and again Thank You. If you need some more help call me at my store. 914-235-4050 Hudson Park Tackle, New Rochelle. Home of Tidaltails.

site Ref: www.Tidaltails.com

I'm heading out today, ill let you know how i do!!
Tight Lines!!,
Eric
EnFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.