OK - How About This One - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default OK - How About This One

2003 Triumph 190 Bay w/Yamaha 115 EFI Four Stroke

Came across this in Craigslist. Don't know much about Triumph's but it is well within in my price range. Bit concerned on the hours on the engine (600). Does come pretty well equipped.

Anyone have any experience with these boats?

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/boa/6095764620.html
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Triumph's used to be Logic boats. They are roto-molded plastic. I've known a few folks that have/had them and liked them, but I never rode on one myself.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wader Boat looks nice it depends what you plan to use it for bay or ocean or long island sound. The shape of the hull seems like it would be a good bay or skinny water boat I fish Long Island Sound and would not want this boat for the fishing I do. I need a boat with more of a deep V to handle the waves. As far as 600 hours on a four stroke not make at all I have a few friends who have 2500 hours on their 4 stroke motors. It really depends on how you maintain the motor flush after use, change oil don't run at max RPMS all go a long way to the longevity of the motor. Good Luck in the search
du410 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: A friendly little drinking village with a fishing problem

They seem pretty stout:

Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by du410 View Post
Wader Boat looks nice it depends what you plan to use it for bay or ocean or long island sound. The shape of the hull seems like it would be a good bay or skinny water boat I fish Long Island Sound and would not want this boat for the fishing I do. I need a boat with more of a deep V to handle the waves. As far as 600 hours on a four stroke not make at all I have a few friends who have 2500 hours on their 4 stroke motors. It really depends on how you maintain the motor flush after use, change oil don't run at max RPMS all go a long way to the longevity of the motor. Good Luck in the search
it'll be used in the inlets around the Chesapeake Bay
Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt n' Fish View Post
Triumph's used to be Logic boats. They are roto-molded plastic. I've known a few folks that have/had them and liked them, but I never rode on one myself.
thanks for the reply Chris - going to go take a look at it this coming Thursday - boat is currently in PA but the owner has a place on the water up in Delaware - he'll be there that weekend & was bringing the boat with him - about a 2 hour drive north east of me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.