New West Marine in West Islip, NY - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New West Marine in West Islip, NY

They just finished the renovation and expansion. ITS HUGE!. Looks really nice . Lots more choices. Worth a look see if you are in the area.
PURSUITWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why bother? I wasted much time yesterday driving to a couple marine stores looking for O-rings for my gas and oil caps. No go. Really????????? And do they wonder why the stores have more employees in them than customers and why we do so much internet shopping. I could have gotten a 200 to 400 piece o-ring kit on ebay for the money I wasted in gas looking for 4 O-rings....which is what I wound up doing anyway.

I buy everything I want from the company that has everything I need. Usually that winds up being Defender, Hamilton, BOE, GPS store, simyamaha and ebay, not useless west. But once in a while I give them a chance. LOL.

Rant over. :-)
Fishbust is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default west marine

Like pursuit said, this place is huge, and you should give this place a look see its like a super store. tons of hardware im sure it had your gaskets. Huge electronics show case, sunglass show case, tons of stuff you wouldn't even have thought they would carry normally. not your usuall WEST.
lateagain08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is this the West Marine where Billy Blake was years ago, on Montauk Highway and opposite the Sunrise Assisted Living in West BABYLON ?

if I'm in the area, I might take a look, but I'm with Fishbust. I buy nearly everything now on the internet as the local stores, whether big box, chain, or small family owned, never have the slightly less common part. (I would have gone to Harbor Freight Tools and bought the O-rings though, lol.)
pequa1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am somewhat confused; the last time I was in that outlet they said they were closing and that they were consolidating with their store in Islip on Sunrise.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

The store is open for business,147 Sunrise Hwy, West Islip. Next to the (now smaller) Bobs store, she's 26k sq ft. The Grand Opening weekend is set for March 20-23. Here is something you WON'T Find at those other places mention above. Thursday 20th of March the store is hosting a cruising for a cause event which is an all you can eat and drink, (beer and wine) for $10 bucks a ticket at the door or stop in and purchase them before hand. I bought mine today....There will be raffle prizes and an awesome auction for items from a local charter boat..hint hint, paddle boards, electronics, way to much to list. ALL proceeds raised from the $10 admission as well as ALL money raised from auction go to NON PROFIT charities based right here on Long Island. You say Big Box stores are useless, funny, they create jobs in the local community, support other business in the community and support local charities.

This is the largest West Marine in the Tri-state area and it was built for those who share the same passion I do.... Fishing and boating.

Hope to see you all there, I'll be the MC for the entire event...oh yea, almost forgot. Live band as well... To be determined but from what I hear the band choices are great!!

Thanks, Capt.Brad

Last edited by SomedayCame; 02-19-2014 at 10:40 PM.
SomedayCame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayCame View Post
The store is open for business,147 Sunrise Hwy, West Islip. Next to the (now smaller) Bobs store, she's 26k sq ft. The Grand Opening weekend is set for March 20-23. Here is something you WON'T Find at those other places mention above. Thursday 20th of March the store is hosting a cruising for a cause event which is an all you can eat and drink, (beer and wine) for $10 bucks a ticket at the door or stop in and purchase them before hand. I bought mine today....their will be raffle prizes and an awesome auction for items from a local charter boat..hint hint, paddle boards, electronics, way to much to list. ALL proceeds raised from the $10 admission as well as ALL money raised from auction go to NON PROFIT charities based right here on Long Island. You say Big Box stores are useless, funny, they create jobs in the local community, support other business in the community and support local charities.

This is the largest West Marine in the Tri-state area and it was built for those who share the same passion I do.... Fishing and boating.

Hope to see you all there, I'll be the MC for the entire event...oh yea, almost forgot. Live band as well... To be determined but from what I hear the band choices are great!!

Thanks, Capt.Brad

brad what time is this event?, and why they doing it on a thursday when everyone is working, correct me if im missing something.
carl
offracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ahhhhh yes, sorry about that, the event will be held from 6pm to 9:30pm that Thursday. Some great deals as well at the parking lot Boat show as well. As far as the G/O for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.... Magma Grills cooking demo..(free hotdogs), fishing seminars by WhiteWater Outfitters, Bigfoot sportfishing, Product reps from Garmin, Raymarine, Simrad and Lowrance. Also Pettit, interlux, costa del mar, Maui Jim.... It's gonna be a great event all around, we may even have a special guest appearance from one of the crew members of Deadliest catch or Wicked tuna....either way, a good time for sure!
SomedayCame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default sounds great

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayCame View Post
Ahhhhh yes, sorry about that, the event will be held from 6pm to 9:30pm that Thursday. Some great deals as well at the parking lot Boat show as well. As far as the G/O for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.... Magma Grills cooking demo..(free hotdogs), fishing seminars by WhiteWater Outfitters, Bigfoot sportfishing, Product reps from Garmin, Raymarine, Simrad and Lowrance. Also Pettit, interlux, costa del mar, Maui Jim.... It's gonna be a great event all around, we may even have a special guest appearance from one of the crew members of Deadliest catch or Wicked tuna....either way, a good time for sure!

thanks brad, sounds like a great event for a great cause i will be there, see you there.
carl
offracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

The grand opening will have a lot of items on sale apparently. I look foward the the event on Thursday.
PURSUITWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.