I would recommend trying KiwiGrip. I put it on the deck of a small charter boat that works pretty hard last year, and I am impressed with the results. Water based, and versatile in how aggressive you want to make the non-skid, and easy to repair.
I'll second that ! I used Kiwi grip on both my Steiger and Dory decks. Very easy to apply, Great results and holding up good so far.
I did talk to them yesterday. They have a few base colors so if you want anything else you just have to take to the local paint company and have them add 3-5% of your color of choice. He suggested to stay more toward the 3% as not to affect the base. I watched all videos I could find and everyone seems very pleased.
Boat restoration is not easy work. That product looks to simple to use. You need something that requires mixing 2-3 parts together, gives you a very short window to apply, will try your patience, and make you cuss a lot while applying. I don't see any of that in this KiwiGrip stuff.
I have been working on lots of small stuff that has to be finished before I can get on to building my boat. One thing I tried to do from the beginning is to finish the project at hand before moving on to other more interesting items. But in many cases that just can not happen until more and different small stuff is completed. So I am playing catch up on the small stuff that was waiting on other small stuff. (If that makes any sense)
I had the opportunity to practice more fiber glassing. This time it was the hatch cover, again all in all I think it came out nicely. After It sat for most of its curing time I turned it over and dripped some epoxy into the corners just to make sure any small crack was filled. (Hope there were none). I did this while the glass was still curing as to get a good bond.
Next trim off the excess, glass in top spacers for the bronze hinges and then bed the holes before bolting up.
My time has been divided between my to do list for my daughters upcoming wedding. We are having it here at the house with the lake in the back ground. I am almost finished with the to do list and will be getting back on the boat.
I have sanded the inside of the hull down ready for the priming and painting when I get to that point. I have sanded the bottom of the hull and filled any larger areas with filler. The last two cross deck support beams are in place, tabbed in. The two by fours are all lose fit as I put the final touches to the assembly.
I centered the boat from the bow to the stern. from there I made everything symmetrical. All dimensions the same on both sides. Well all is not equal on a 1978 Grover. I am fitting each side as necessary. From the center of the boat to the last board before the hull is good. Its the last one that has to be fit. As I finish fitting I will glue and screw all together.
As you can see there are wood spacers on top of the hatch lid. The hinges were 3/16 too tall. I made he spacers and glassed over them to mount the hinges . I did not want to cut the bronze hinge and attach back. Will see how it fairs after the paint is on.