Grady White Marlin fuel burn numbers - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm in the market for a new boat. Had a 1993 Proline 2950,2004 Pursuit Denali,2000 BW 28 Conquest.

Now I was thinking about buying a 1997-1999 GW marlin with Yammie 250 OX-66 EFI with low hours. I figure I could use them unitl I decide to repower. Does anybody have any real fuel burn and performace numbers? How to Grady owners like their boats? Anything for look out for with these boats?
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

buying a grady Myself.Go to greatgrady.com. plenty of nice people who will give you plenty of advice and stats on all types of gradys
finfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

i have an 03 30' marlin.Love the boat great range 306g tank.
With the right prop you will burn 18-21 gph easily doing 23-26 knots.Great range

I have 225 4 strokes with 1200 hours on them. I would try to get this motor. Maybe a little more money but worth it im my opinion.No oil to mix& super quiet.

You will be very happy with this boat. But remember because it is a grady does not mean it is free of problems.
MIKAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

wildcard wrote:
I'm in the market for a new boat. Had a 1993 Proline 2950,2004 Pursuit Denali,2000 BW 28 Conquest.

Now I was thinking about buying a 1997-1999 GW marlin with Yammie 250 OX-66 EFI with low hours. I figure I could use them unitl I decide to repower. Does anybody have any real fuel burn and performace numbers? How to Grady owners like their boats? Anything for look out for with these boats?

You should get a 1 to 1 burn with the ox-66 remember the oil.. I did own two gradys at one point in time...Not a very good riding boat..If you plan to use it inshore only not a bad boat but for less money you can get something just as nice...
CAPT RICHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

MIKAT wrote:

You will be very happy with this boat. But remember because it is a grady does not mean it is free of problems.

Yup every boat will have its issues, but GW has been known to go above and beyond in their customer service dept to resolve any issues that come up........(Now,dealing with certain dealers?Thats another story..[img]tongue.gif[/img])

I have an 05 Marlin w/F250's and I agree with MIKAT..You cant beat the 4 strokes.I get anywhere from 1.2-1.4 MPG depending on load. worth the extra $.
gman25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

CAPT RICHI wrote:
[quote=wildcard]
...Not a very good riding boat..

I had an 88 sailfish a few years back that wasnt the smoothest riding boat,but after riding in my fathers new 23 gulfstream in 05(SeaV2 Hull) it absolutly blew away my sailfish(non SeaV2)..The Marlin IMO is a great riding boat that has been back and forth to the Hudson in some nasty stuff and it has never disappointed.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

You probably could use those engines currently on the boat for many years to come. Repowering will be expensive and it will take many, many years to recoup the expense through fuel and oil savings.
Seajay2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

gman25 wrote:
CAPT RICHI wrote:
[quote=wildcard]

I had an 88 sailfish a few years back that wasnt the smoothest riding boat,but after riding in my fathers new 23 gulfstream in 05(SeaV2 Hull) it absolutly blew away my sailfish(non SeaV2)..The Marlin IMO is a great riding boat that has been back and forth to the Hudson in some nasty stuff and it has never disappointed.

Both my boats were SeaV2 hulls..My friend had a 2000 23..Sorry they ride like poop.....I have an inbord boat now 32' so its not apples to apples 9 tons dry so I'm spolied...I'll never get on a grady again... Sorry to be so harsh but the truth sometimes hurts...
CAPT RICHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

CAPT RICHI wrote:
gman25 wrote:
CAPT RICHI wrote:
[quote=wildcard]

Both my boats were SeaV2 hulls..My friend had a 2000 23..Sorry they ride like poop.....I have an inbord boat now 32' so its not apples to apples 9 tons dry so I'm spolied...I'll never get on a grady again... Sorry to be so harsh but the truth sometimes hurts...

"The truth sometimes hurts"..LOL!!.Ok richi..whatever you say, not sure what GW's you have been on, but most that have will agree they definitely do not ride like crap...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.