Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing - View Single Post - Bet Telescoping Fishing Pole and Length For Bass?

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
pequa1

While I haven't done much freshwater fishing in over a decade, I do have these but I prefer the non-telescoping packable rods that come in approx. five pieces. I just think that the telescoping ones don't have as much backbone. while my five piece rod (Daiwa) is pre-carbon fiber and is classified as an ultralight, I did catch up to two pound largemouth with it. I also would not want to go any longer than 5 feet with either type. Doesn't Kensico have some potentially tackle busting fish ? Anyway, the reel mine came with is still useable but nothing to brag about. OTOH, Amazon and this rod you are looking at do have some good reviews. Not sure how the guides are on this one, but on my telescoping spinning rod the next to last guide is not threaded to the rod but is meant to slide up until the rod thickens and it gets stuck. It tends to slip or go to one side upon some whippy casts. However, you are paying for all the lures, etc. and may get higher quality for a rod alone or just a rod and reel combo.
pequa1 is offline   Reply With Quote