Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing - View Single Post - Looks like new regs for Stellwagen Haddock

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackRose

Time to get ready for haddock....I find that making teasers is time well spent. I can get a few trips out of one of these little flies.. They cost nearly nothing and take just a minute to make. I find that grub tails last only a few fish before tearing. The action here is amazing, too.

Last year I tried using "Loaded For Bass" teasers...great material and deadly when soaked in a "fish attractant". Plus, they last forever. And they don't crisp up like the old Uncle Josh pork rinds.

It is fun making your own, too. Gamakatsu 5-7/0 octopus hooks... I don't often use bait because of dogfish, but there were times when it was needed. Believe it or not...chunks of mackerel were deadly last year. There was one day when a 5# haddock had a big mackerel sticking out of its mouth! A light bulb went off...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36159.jpg (238.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 36160.jpg (195.5 KB, 1 views)

www.BlackRoseFish
ing.com
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote