Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing - View Single Post - Looks like new regs for Stellwagen Haddock

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackRose

Default Looks like new regs for Stellwagen Haddock

Yup, in an effort to protect cod, they want to change the haddock season again to reduce bycatch. It's not a bad one, this time.....we had a 15 fish limit for 2016 and it will simply go to 12 fish, but it will close on Sept 16, it seems.. I'll still happily take people fishing for 12 haddock and they will most likely be happy with that limit.

The good thing is that we still have a pollock fishery to entice the "meat lovers" out there. Of course, we'll have to throw back cod, which...don't even get me started. They were everywhere last year...and big..ones. I could go out and get 10 per person and not blink if we wanted to..but I digress.

Yes, haddock season starts on April 15-April 30 (15 fish/each), then should go to 12 fish on May 1. We will also target porbeagle sharks, pollock, and redfish. It's an amazing fishery that we have. But the haddock in shallow water...that's the best... Tasty fish in shallow water on a nice spring day.... April and May we'll find them shallow...June in a little deeper water---still fun on light tackle.....and we'll also have tuna, stripers, and more sharks...

It's going to be a fun year, for the 14th season! I can't believe it. I can't wait to drop the camera down on the bottom again. Such cool footage from last year!

Capt. Rich Antonino, Black Rose Fishing Charters

www.BlackRoseFish
ing.com
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote