How late for the Fall run this year(I think real late) - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

How late do you think the fall run on the South shore will be this year? I see so many people posting reports where are the Bass where are the big Blues, it's early fellas. We are still in mid summer conditions.

Looking back at past logs and reports for the last couple of years, nothing got going until the first week in October. That was with much cooler summers and lower water temps. unless we get a blast of Artic Air, I think we are going to see a very late fall run like the 3rd week in October. This is fine with me the warmer the weather the longer the season, too many fisherman rush every season, and than ***** all winter long that they have cabin fever

enjoy the surf in shorts and t-Shirts,who nedd the heavy waders and bronco Jackets
meandtheboyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

its a flip of the coin. we need a few colder nights and some heavy cold rain to kick it off. the anticipation can kill an angler...
tiderunner70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

voting for a september 26th start...

Old 09-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's definitely a blast to be able to leave the waders home and fish in these summer like conditions yet. But i'm sure the days like this are quickly winding down.
I'm gonna be at Hither Hills 9/28-10/2, so i'm hoping for a late summer like weekend to kick off the fall run!
We had a hot summer after a cooler than average fall. Took the water awhile to heat up and hopefully it's gonna take awhile to bring back down.
Here's hoping that fall run goes into December
theshark516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have to disagree.

The Fall run has more to do with the shorter days/less daylight and the angle of the sun than water temps. The fish and birds and insects all know when it's time to migrate South by the change in the season not by the water temps.
DoctorFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

i tend to agree with that doc. however the shorter days contribute to colder water. also the cold rains and a good storm or two with some cold rain will help speed up the process. it will push out the bait from the back bays so to speak. either way lets hope for a great run.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default My last Bass Blitz at Demo

My last Bass Bltz at Demo last year was December 6th. I've heard of 20's already being caught on the SS on surface plugs.
SurfaceStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2005, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Temp is key

I don't think the fish give a rats a$$ how long the days are.
If the water is warm and the food stays the fish stay.
Just like in the spring the days were long but cold. Cold = no plankton = no bait fish = no game fish.
The temp triggers some fish to feed and others to pack it in.

(This post edited by KNOTME on 09/15/2005)
KNOTME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

another vote for the run starting next week, maybe a little slow but starting nonetheless.
raregroove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

I believe we are already starting to see the start of the run. Read the reports. The captree boats are already doing ok at night with eels. There are some reports of more fish caught on bellies in the bays. I had 12 bass the other night, plugging in the bay at the start of outgoing.
My buddy netted some mullet yesterday, not up in the back bays, but in FI inlet.
Water is still very warm, last night we fished with chunks and only had sandsharks. So, I do think it's very early.
But, there are starting to be some signs of activity. Get Ready!!
bassman909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.