NorEast Fishing Forum banner

HAMPTON LADY 4AM RSA SEABASS/WRECK DWELLER REPORTS 2012

81K views 343 replies 51 participants last post by  SHINNECOCKLADY 
#1 ·
The last few weeks have seen some nice fish taken south of the Shinne**** area. More importantly, the arrival of large schools of herring and mackeral in the area should only improve the fishing in days to come. Looks like the bite has started to the east with good reports filtering in from s/e of block. I want to wish the guys out east best of luck for a safe, successful winter fishery. With that said, here are some pics from some recent trips!

This post edited by SHINNE****LADY 03:09 PM 11/15/2012

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
HAMPTON LADY COD 01/06/11

Had a great day Thursday with many quality fish coming over the rails! The weather was beautiful and the fishing was just as good! We added a microwave to the boat for heating up lunch during winter fishing.

Next trip is Monday 01/10/11. All trips limited to 18 Passengers
thehamptonlady.com

Attachments

#4 ·
COD TOMORROW TUESDAY 1/11/11

I had some phone calls regarding the snow tomorrow. The snow isn't expected to come through until late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning leaving plenty of time for driving home safely. We still have spots left for tomorrow so hop onboard and get some.

Call for reservations 631-521-3366
4am to 4pm
thehamptonlady.com

#5 ·
A few fishing buddies of mine from the Hampton's Talked with Capt Jim from the Hampton Lady and we all decided we where going Fishing no matter who shows. The forecast scaring some away but Capt Jim just wanted to get out even with just a few of us.
I only know of the Hampton Lady from seeing the boat out on the water while fishing with my own boat, seeing him out there. I always admired the classic old school look of the boat.
I finally had a chance to meet Capt Jim What a Great guy, excellent Captain, young and a hard core fisherman who fished hard to put together a great catch.
The cool part is while fishing and going threw this Classic old school boat head to toe I felt like I went back in time. I really enjoyed that. I was very impressed with the work they did to KEEP THAT LOOK. Restoring her to excellent condition, she runs great and has all the safety and top of the line Electronics.
We had a great day the weather and seas where calm. We only needed to hit two pieces as Capt Jim worked to put together a great catch of Cod and of Ling. The Cod mostly on the smaller side with loads and loads of shorts but we did weed threw that and end up with many nice Cod up to 15 pounds and a load of Ling. We had constant action on light tackle all day. The fish hit bait and 8Oz JIGS which was a blast. The small fish / you could tell by there color, they just moved on to these pieces spitting up small bait they are feeding on which is great news for all our area wrecks.
If you have never been on the Hampton Lady I would Highly recommend you do a fluke trip or Bass on her in the summer. Last year they had a banner year with the Fluke. There lots of room at the rails, shes very comfortable. The perfect boat for the Hampton's with the Classic old school style where you get a bunch of friends, kids and wifes (Girl friends) for a nice day on the water. Just from last years reports and seeing how Captain Jim Operates I know he will do his best to put together a good catch of fish.

This post edited by MIKE TUNA 10:38 AM 01/12/2011

#7 ·
Friday 1/14/11 CODFISH 4am

Thanks for the report and kind words MIKETUNA. It was nice meeting and fishing with you yesterday. Ill be sure to pick up some of those 8 oz gold hammereds.

Next Cod Trip will be this Friday 1/14/11 and looks like we will be fishing on Sat 1/15/11 and Monday 1/17/11 as well. All trip are by reservation only and have limited the trips to 15 people giving plenty of space for the anglers.

Check out some pics on our facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hampton-Lady/118417638199420?ref=ts

thehamptonlady.com
631-521-3366

#8 ·
1/14/11 Fri COD Report

Had a great trip today with both bait and jigs being equally effective however, i think the edge slightly went to the clam goblins! Had some fish on the open bottom today and the bait was so thick we were jigging mackeral 5 at a time on sabiki rigs. First drop was in the dark and the fish started biting right away and continued at a steady pace. Some fares easily had their limit, with CHARLIE DAWSON from Hampton Bays leading the clan catching 17 keepers and many throwbacks ORL. Some nice pollock on the jigs today as well as Red Hake mixing in with the catch.

We are sailing MONDAY 1/17/11 For CODFISH Departing at 4am by Reservation Only.

thehamptonlady.com
631-521-3366

Attachments

#11 ·
Monday 1/17/11 Cod Report

Overall fishing was decent today. Not a slam like our previous trip however by days end everyone had a few keepers and some having as many as 7 keepers in their totes. A few Pollock made their way to the fillet table as well as some Red Hake. The bigger fish were caught on the jig today with the jigs being most effective during the morning and low light conditions. As the sun came up higher in the day the fish responded better to the almighty clam. Last drop saw more dogfish than we have seen in a while and made it unfishable. With all things said everyone went home with bags of fillets and had an enjoyable day.

Capt. Jim

Attachments

#12 ·
CODFISHING FRIDAY 1/28 4AM

Friday looks good for a Wreck Trip.

Departing at 4am
Returning at 4pm

All trips are by RESERVATION only and are Limited to 15 passengers!

Fishing has been great so grab your favorite cod jigs and come on down.

Call 631-521-3366 for Reservations and Info.
thehamptonlady.com

Attachments

#13 ·
CODFISHING TOMORROW 4AM 2/07/11

Just got in from Mackeral Fishing this afternoon and loaded the boat! Had them 4 at a time for over and hour. Took a ride down to the boat to put some equipment on and decided it was too nice not to go fishing. The ocean calmed down and weather should be fantastic for tomorrow's Cod trip. I have mackeral jigs on the boat so dont worry about bringing em. See you in the morning.

Have a few more spots available.
thehamptonlady.com
Capt. Jim

#14 ·
Monday 2/7/11 Fishing Report

Had a decent trip yesterday with cod to 20lbs coming over the rail. Gary from southold took the pool and combined for 11 keepers with his brother Dennis. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day as the weather was fantastic. Surpisingly enough even with the loads of bait in the area, jigs were not effective. Fresh clams were the ticket.

Next trip looks to be Friday 2/11/11
Capt Jim.

Attachments

#15 ·
FRIDAY FISHING REPORT 2/11/11

Had a good shot of fish yesterday with the pool fish goin in the 20's.
High hook had 9 keepers. Last drop was productive until the tide dropped out and by that time it was 3 whistles. Thanks again chuck for putting a good trip together.

Hampton Lady sails everyday WEATHER PREMITTING by RESERVATION ONLY.
As of now the next fishable day looks to be Wednesday 2/16/11.
Call for reservations and info.
631-521-3366
Capt. Jim

Attachments

#16 ·
NEXT TRIPS LOOK TO BE WEDS 2/16 & THURS 2/17

Weds 2/16 now looks like the better of the 2 days. Friday we had a good shot of fish. Hoping to get back out there this week.

Limited Passenger(12 Max) Wreck Trip!!

Departing at 4am!
Call now for reservations and info as trips book quickly!

631-521-3366
thehamptonlady.com
Capt. Jim

Attachments

#20 ·
Go thee to the flea(bay). Punch in Newell reels. Scroll down. Eureka.
The exact same handle $10.00 cheaper than flea http://www.reelpowerhandles.com/reel-parts/Newell.html
$29.95 as opposed to $39.95. I am not surprised as some less than scrupulous folks over price parts all the time. A stainless yoke for my Penn was $10.00 on flea, $4.00 on the smooth drag site. They have the nice handles too..

Now back to our regularly sponsored post, Hampton Lady. Can't wait to fish with them, loved the old Fishfinder. The Lady has a great rep.

This post edited by Slug1959 10:55 PM 02/15/2011

#24 ·
Hampton Lady Cod

I can't wait for the upcoming fluke season on the Hampton Lady...Tell Pabst Blue Ribbon that he is coming to the canyon with me this summmer, and he can show me what he's got!!! Remind him I am not running no SeaRay, and the radio chats with the Hudson Kid should be in full swing!!!!

#25 ·
2/24/11 Fishing Report

Great weather combined with great fishing made for a great day yesterday. Caught over 200 cod keeping half that amount. Had a handful of Pollock and Red Hake as well. A good shot of bigger fish came aboard with the pool fish going 26.9lbs.
More pics to follow.
Capt. Jim

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.