Aruba - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

heading to aruba thisweekend Any one have any tips for shore fishing in aruba?? spots/inshore wrecks/goodpeirs? thanks for any feedback
OutbackAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

You can fish from any sandy beaches with bait and catch small jacks, barracuda and maybe a few bonefish. Nothing big but fun anyway. Don't even think of fishing the North-East side of the Island as it will be very rough. Very windy most of the year, especially when you are going. A few small piers around the hotels and I don't think anyone will care if you use them. Food is expensive so beware.
Smelter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply..yeah i was there about 6 years ago or so i know about the north side and the wind haha..but i dident fish from the shore

Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

snook and tarpon in the harbor early AM or at nite... you can actually see them swirling on bait... if you can find a spot to fish, do it... beef up the gear to get them away from docks, pilings, and moorings... Also, beach traffic is pretty constant throughout the day... Focus on sunrise & sunset... You can also walk away from the resorts and wade out by the shipwreck (depending on where you're staying)...
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

i was planning on bringing a light 2 peice 7foot rod...is it worth it to bring the 9footer aswell
Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I tend to "over do it" whenever I travel and plan to fish--but that's just me. Does your 7 ft'er have enough backbone to slow a decent tarpon or freight-training snook? I keep separate spools for reels as well. Lines may vary from 14 lb test mono to 60-80 lb braid/hollow core with varying top shots and spools of fluoro for leader materials. I've hooked into monster jacks down there off the beaches at nite with yo-zuri crystal minnows on under-sized gear and was lucky enough to land them but I've better prepared since then. When toying with the fish that tend to be in the harbor downtown at nite, the light stuff most likely won't cut it--they'll bust you off on the structure in the harbor. For the smaller stuff from the beaches, it should suffice but the "you never know" factor is always there. The jack I landed was easily over 15 lbs and **** near spooled my old Shimano Saraha that was set up with 14 lb test mono. I'd prob stick to a 40 lb+ test braided line with a decent fluoro leader for both bait and lure fishing. You can always use the light stuff on the flats but if you hit the harbor and see some of the fish swirling, you'll wish you had a bigger gun!
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks bud.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.