Cod Jigging Trip on 02-17 - Page 12 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #111 (permalink)

Default more pics

Mystery paparazzi man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kilsong.jpg (25.5 KB, 1 views)
raregroove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #112 (permalink)

Sam's pile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sams-catch-2.jpg (47.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #113 (permalink)

weigh in time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weigh-in.jpg (43.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #114 (permalink)

Papro (Angel) first Cod jigging adventure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angel.jpg (34.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-17-2006, 10:38 AM   #115 (permalink)

Guys in the stern with some of the days catch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fish-shot.jpg (38.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #116 (permalink)

KILSONG wrote:
Shebeen sometimes came up to the bow and entertained us by saying " I had only 5, but I must released about 20 keeper."

Ya Kil......but that was at 9AM!!! LOL The first thing I heard when I got to the dock was Kil's voice out of the darkness...."So you didn't bring your fiance?" Oh man...hahahaha.....wiseguy

What can ya say.....'an all-star cast'.....or is it 'all-star casters'. With an opportunity like yesterday's you can bet I spent a lot of time peeking out from the stern and stealing....errr....I mean 'observing' the techniques of some of these gold card codfisherman. What a treat. Should have brought a videocamera....f'k Powerball, if I sold the video I'd be RICH!!!! LOL

I caught my limit...AND I DID RELEASE LOTS OF KEEPERS haha. Had one steaker that Sam weighed up at 25 lbs. Basically it was just Sam, codmaster and me across the stern, plenty of room! In retrospect it may have been 'more comfortable' if we were crowded back there.That ways Sam could have spread his barbs around a little.....by the end of the day I felt like Harry Wittington. Sam only crossed my line once.....and I think he did it on purpose . And MAN! you should have seen that double 30 coming up....HOLY COW(S)!

......the pansy wouldn't swing it though.

Can't thank Kil enough for letting me on this trip!!!!....or Choi again for his great Korean buffet!!!!!

Props as well go to Captain Jimmy Walsh and the crew of the 'AMERICAN CLASSIC'. Well done.
shebeen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #117 (permalink)

Kil thanks for putting this together. Excellent trip. Weather, food, cast and crew was super. Was great to tuck away some tips and ideas watching and talking with Sam and the Codfishing Delta Force. Dave good to see you hope we can fish together this spring.

Angel (PaPro) and I hacked and scratched our way to our limits with a mix of markets and some bigger fish mixed in. The morning fishing was awesome. Hooked into a nice wolffish on the next to last drop of the day. He bent up the 9/0 treble pretty good and when bled and put in the cooler, he jumped out and into a bucket of the boat's clams and started eating a mouthfull before getting dragged back into the cooler. I wonder if I looked like that when I saw that korean buffet laid out in the back of the boat.

(This post edited by raregroove on 02/17/2006)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bill-web.jpg (45.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #118 (permalink)

Kilsong, Thanks so much for putting this trip together. Awesome weather, guys and food. Plenty of fish for all. Again thanks.

Dennis
lavjigs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #119 (permalink)

Okay
First Thanks to Kilsong for putting to together this great charter.
Thanks to Choi for furnishing the trip (free of charge) with great food from his restaurant.
Thanks to Capt Jim and his crew. I can't say enough about his mates. Some of the best service
I had from a deck crew. The mates where on the ball with the gaff, tangles, the few that where there, unhooking and stowing your fish and nice knife work with nice boneless free fillets. But most of all which is something I'm seeing less and less on the other boats is that they were there in the beginning of the trip and the end helping the fares off the boat helping them carrying their equipment coolers etc.. of the boat .
Capt Jim kept us on the meat and away from the Gill nets to the chagrin of A certain jig mogul. You see longing in Dennis's eyes
as the gill net Bouys passed harmlessly by in the distance LOL
And thanks to the mother nature who gave us clam seas ,favorable winds and the ability to able to fish in short sleeves in the middle of February .
Lets go back the scene early in the morning in front of the closed gate leading to the American Classic.
There was a line of cars waiting for Capt Jim to open the velvet rope.
It looked like the line at an all star concert.
Dennis had his van parked to the side in the shadows with a line of people in front.
You could hear the hush whisperings and see money exchanging hands unsavory looking characters sneaking away clutching and hiding from view what they have just purchased.
If I where back to my pre retirement days when I still was a member of the NYPD and I came onto this most suspicious scene I would had Dennis and the whole lot assume the position and tossed everybody.
But this was no drug spot but Dennis selling his famous cod killing Lava Jigs to the drooling masses.
I myself purchased a dozen.
The Bunny Clark Legend Tim Towers was Lost some where on route 1A and was calling up for numbers or shore ranges
to find the road leading to the boat .
At one point we were thinking of firing up a flare to guide the great Tim Towers to us.
On the Bunny Clark Tim can put you over a lone cusk in 100 fathoms of water but on the land I don't know. LOL
Now to the fishing.
I lost count of the fish I threw back. I was just taking the larger fish.
I ended up with a ten fish limit consisting of two 31 pounders which came up as a double header , one 30 pounder, a 26 pounder and 6 others of assorted sizes.
As for the me casting out stealing fish. You can't steal what was never really yours. If the furthest you can cast
is ten feet from the boat and you spend the day fishing straight up and down and under the boat how can you lay claim to fish that are 50 yards away from you HUMMMMMMM to the caster goes the spoils LOL LOL.
I guess some guys Can only limit out on a mountain of suicidal UGH Pollacks or in a fish store with pocket full of cash
LOL LOL (just Kidding) LOL
Shabeen was freaking me out.
I caught him a couple of times cuddling and stroking my Ocea Jigger 2000P while cooing to it I want you but my mean ole wife won't let me have you. LOL.
I would yell at him, "come on John grow a pair, just step up to her and say women I want the reel and I'm buying it"
His eyes took on a look of horror and he walked back to his corner muttering she'd kill, me must obey, wife mean!!! LOL LOL
It was great pleasure to meet up with Tim Towers, Phil, Feeny and all the great guys from up north, hoping to fish with you guys again soon.

(This post edited by sam843 on 02/17/2006)
sam843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

sam843 wrote:

I had from a deck crew. The mates where on the ball with the gaff, tangles, the few that where there,
Shabeen was freaking me out. I caught him a couple of times cuddling and stroking my Ocea Jigger 2000P while cooing to it I want you but my mean ole wife won't me have you. LOL.
I would yell at him "come on John grow a pair, just step up to her say women I want the reel and I'm buying it"

First with the tangles, you must have been fishing next to John
and secondly your lucky you only caught him stroking your Jigger

(This post edited by new hampshire on 02/17/2006)
new hampshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.