Cod Jigging Trip on 02-17 - Page 10 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 07:16 AM   #91 (permalink)

nothing for nothing...great trip, but if I look at one of those pictures, it appears as though someone did indeed smuggle clam on the boat?
mclooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 07:40 AM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

I am happy to admit. It wasn't me! No clam here for Jig daddy. I stayed with the metal all day long. The cod were slamming the jigs. Sqiuding, jigging and alot of times just on the way down. No need for that slimy, smelly, yucky clam. It never came near the pulpit.
new hampshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 07:45 AM   #93 (permalink)

Looks like an awesome time, bonus weather day, jealousy reins from the outside looking in....
mclooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 07:46 AM   #94 (permalink)
Super Moderator

looks like you all had a blast. did i actually see a pic with SHEBEEN in it.?????

canyonfvr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Can you believe he went? we had to kidnap him from his woman and take him fishing. He fished the stern and all we heard in the pulpit all day is "I miss my woman", "I want to be back home", "Capt how much $$$ for you to take us back right now"
Old 02-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #96 (permalink)

Default Great Time!

Thanks alot guys had a great time. Great guys ,Food and fishing. Brought home lots of b#n#s and fish. Nate and Andrea wish you were there.
AUDREYMAE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #97 (permalink)

By the way I thought Capt Jim Walsh did a great job keeping a large boat on the fish for everone and the Crew was also right there if you needed them. My first time on the boat and I was impressed.

Bob
Codkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #98 (permalink)

OK, here is another report on this fine fun trip!

First, thanks Kilsong for setting the trip up. It was a great trip!
And the food was also super! Too good and I ate too much, again!!

The fishing was variable but in total pretty good. There were clams on board but contrary to popular belief I did not touch any of them!

I actually caught a few cod on jigs that I have not been very successful with in the past, ie. a 12 white bucktail like jig with a rubber tail that I have had for many years and never caught a fish on it! Now I can retire it permanently! Most of the fiah I caught I caougt on a VERY old Vi-Ke 16 oz jig that is also very old. And a couple on a Lav jig that is not very old!

The fishing started a little slow and then we moved a few times and the fishing broke open on one drift that was constant action - I had 5/6 keepers early in the morning then seemed to slow way down with the afternoon very slow.

Probably a good thing it did - what would one do if one had the limit of 10 cod by say 10 am on a trip? Anyway, I did end up with a nice limit catch with one just under 20 and a few in the teens maybe and the rest smaller legal catches. And that with all of the experimenting I did all day with many different types of jigs!

I suspect that we in the stern may not have caught as well as the group of well known superstars fishing up in the bow! Of course that may have been due to the Captain positioning the boat as to continully favoring those in the bow

All in all, a great trip, Thanks again, Kil.

BTW, the weather was great all day! And the water was almost flat calm all day!!!!!!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

codmaster wrote:

I suspect that we in the stern may not have caught as well as the group of well known superstars fishing up in the bow! Of course that may have been due to the Captain positioning the boat as to continully favoring those in the bow :

Dick I think it was more operator error on the jig fishing in the stern
Sam fished the stern corner and he had one of the best catches of the day. I know he had 2 30lb fish and at least 3 in the 20's

Watch and learn
Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 AM   #100 (permalink)

Default sorry!

Just joking!!
Haddockhunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.