Fluke 2017 - Page 6 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt n' Fish View Post
If we were to go to a slot size limit that was less than the 18 or 19" limits we have been using, the availability of "keeper" size fish would go way up, and we'd obliterate our quota in no time. Are you all willing to take a slot size for a season of say only 1 month?

Chris
FWIW, I've seen the numbers and almost all of the proposed slot limits would result on about a two month season under current quotas.
MakoMike is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt n' Fish View Post
The ever present comment about what anyone "needs" is really a selfish and self-centered one. . I'm not saying that it's wrong to feel that way. I believe it's okay, as long as you realize it. I have my own selfish interests I look out for as well. Please consider this:

Chris
Well, yes. I'm not writing the regs, nor am I representing anyone. I'm just saying that for my personal needs, I like to catch fish and I fish frequently (but not >once a week), so that I rarely put fish in the freezer. So for some of us, and clearly not others, I put a higher premium on how much I catch over how much I keep.

But point well taken. "Who needs to keep 4 fluke" should more properly have been phrased as "I don't need to keep 4 fluke."

On the other hand, what's the use of a high bag limit if you never reach it. I'd rather have everyone come away with a little, than come away empty, despite the possibility of a 4 fish limit. I've been on party boats full of sharpies, where few caught more than 2 keepers and often where hardly anyone catches a keeper and we switch to porgies or sea bass.
Matts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I've been on party boats full of sharpies, where few caught more than 2 keepers and often where hardly anyone catches a keeper and we switch to porgies or sea bass.

They don't sound like "sharpies" to me
GloucesterToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.