May MRAC Meeting - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default May MRAC Meeting

AGENDA - May 10, 2016

• Announcements:
  • ​ ​New DEC Marine Division
  • Public Comments
  • Approval of January 19, 2016 & March 23, 2016's meeting Minutes
  • Presentation by SUNY Farmingdale - “Leveraging Long Island’s Coastal Heritage for the Future.”
  • ASMFC updates
  • Legislative Review - bills being addressed listed below

S07186: Proposing an amendment to article 1 of the constitution, in relation to validating certain grants of land and charters made by the king of Great Britain before October 14, 1775 and giving the legislature the authority to enact laws to implement this section

S05112: AN ACT to amend the environmental conservation law, in relation to blackfish or tautog

S07261: AN ACT to amend the environmental conservation law, in relation to extending the authority of the department of environmental conservation to manage alewife

S07266: AN ACT to amend the environmental conservation law, in relation to extending the authority of the department of environmental conservation to manage the American shad

A07507: AN ACT to amend the economic development law, in relation to the establishment of a state small business commercial fishing industry advocate and the creation of a small business commercial fishing economic development program to promote small businesses in the state's commercial fishing industry.

A04410: AN ACT to amend the environmental conservation law and the agriculture and markets law, in relation to the regulation of aquaculture; to amend the environmental conservation law and the state finance law, in relation to making technical changes thereto; and to repeal certain provisions of the environmental conservation law relating to the regulation of aquaculture

A07461: AN ACT to amend the agriculture and markets law, in relation to labeling requirements for fish wholesalers

H.R.3070: A BILL to clarify that for purposes of all Federal laws governing marine fisheries management, the landward boundary of the exclusive economic zone between areas south of Montauk, New York, and Point Judith, Rhode Island and for other purposes.

Please note this meeting will be held at the DEC offices, 205 Belle Mead Road, East Setauket at 2:00 p.m.

CaptPaul is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks Paulie,

I won't be going this week, as the legislative session is not particularly interesting to me, and there's little for the public to do, with supporting or not supporting what the legislature wants to do.

I do like seeing the blackfish amendment finally. After all the years about talking about the abuse of this loop hole in the landing license, it's nice to see a proposal finally to close it.

And I hope that amendment to support the Dongen patent fails miserably.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Love seeing this:

AGENDA - May 10, 2016

Announcements:
​ ​New DEC Marine Division

Under Gilmore's lousy management, they implemented, and lost the marine fishing license, they were investigated for years by the IG, and lost a bunch of fisheries cases one where the Dept had to reimburse the defendant.

So what does the DEC do? Create this Division, which gives Gilmore and one of his underlings a raise! Way to reward failure.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt n' Fish View Post
Thanks Paulie,

I won't be going this week, as the legislative session is not particularly interesting to me, and there's little for the public to do, with supporting or not supporting what the legislature wants to do.

I do like seeing the blackfish amendment finally. After all the years about talking about the abuse of this loop hole in the landing license, it's nice to see a proposal finally to close it.

And I hope that amendment to support the Dongen patent fails miserably.
Now I'm debating going. You're the second person who said this would not be of interest.

Going Off The Rails On A Crazy Train
crabman1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2016, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Is fluke season official for May 17th, the season opens soon and the dec website is not updated
WetDreamz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2016, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1130 View Post
Now I'm debating going. You're the second person who said this would not be of interest.
Not trying to discourage you Joe, but wanted to give you a heads up. Every year, they have this meeting to discuss and take positions on proposed legislation. If you have a particular interest in something, it may be good to go and see where they stand.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetDreamz View Post
Is fluke season official for May 17th, the season opens soon and the dec website is not updated
Yes, so there's no update needed.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

After the DEC and NMFS has killed many small businesses , now they want to create a Dept to support small business ? FUNNY !
claw1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw1 View Post
After the DEC and NMFS has killed many small businesses , now they want to create a Dept to support small business ? FUNNY !
That's what I said too.
surfratt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

I hope when they debate the Dongen patent everyone has to wear trifold hats and white wigs and refer to the opposing sides as Loyalists and Patriots.

.... And I know there is arguments on both sides of this, but I find it hilarious it has taken this long to settle something that should have been handled in 1783. Perhaps the origin of the DMV?
seoneill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.