Party Boats "Oldies but Goodies" - Page 4 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Default Great

I used to fish on the Ventura
LkyLindy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2004, 08:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Super Moderator

got any pics of the old steel scotty out of captree??/

canyonfvr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2004, 08:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

Default Thenagainfishin

GREAT PICTURES. KEEP THEM COMING. HOW ABOUT THE CAPT. JOE AND CAPT. BILL VAN FROM BELMAR, NJ.
MARK215 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2004, 08:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default HOW ABOUT THE

peconic queen out of montouk and can you tell me the date the steel scotty went down?

canyonfvr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
BPP

Default Some more

I fished on the Claire out of World's Fair Marina many moons ago. They had awesome Steward sandwiches! lol! How about the MissTake out of Highlands, NJ with Capt. Whitey Morenz? He was one of the best jigging captains around. The North Star in City Island. Really brings back some great memories!

(This post edited by BPP on 10/10/2004)
BPP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2004, 08:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

For those interested,,,
Brand X was a PT boat from WWII,one of the first to be built had like 3-4 inch thick sides of white pine and oak,transom was solid black oak,planks below the waterline im pretty sure were cyprus,,she was left in the original condition below decks with all the crew spaces intact. It's down in texas now at the PT boat museum, The original peconic Star was an air/sea rescue boat that was originally powered by twin 12 cyl studerbaker gas engines. believe it or not,one day when I was working on her with capt dave,with a screaming following tide,and a bit of wind to boost, at 1950RPMS them detroit diesels that powered her then ALMOST got it up on plane,but man did that old girl shake rattle but not roll.
The original scotty that was converted to a longliner,she was coming back from a tile trip in oct of 84 when she went down. That was the storm that a few lobstermens families from Mass sued the NWS because of faulty bouy data or something that didnt allow an accurate weather report of what was coming. Friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) was also out tilefishing and told me the weather report was for 20 to 25 increasing to 40+ late the next day,so everyone decided to stay the night and boogey back the next morning,But it came on faster than that and you know the rest of the story.
Togster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 09:22 AM   #37 (permalink)

Default One for the "Tog-Nuts"

Okay here is one of a "True Classic". Here is the Pilot II in 1982.
Capts Tom & Harvey at the helm, Jerry working the deck. Fishing "17" during December and January. All the tog you could catch....AN THEN CAME THE ROLLER GEAR AND FISH POTS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pilot II 1983.jpg (20.1 KB, 14 views)
Thenagainfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 10:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

Default CAPT. SCOTTY III

THE CAPT. SCOTTY III WAS BUILT IN BABLYON, BY CAPT GEORGE TWEEDY WITH THE HELP OF HIS SONS WHIT AND WAYNE, AND GEORGES FATHER " GRANDPA". SHE WAS AND ALL WEATHER BOAT. WORKED ON HER FOR A FEW YEARS. HER LONGITUDINALS ARE TREE TRUNKS, AND HER RIBS ARE THE SIZE OF 4X4'S, SHE WILL BE AROUND FOR QUITE A LONG TIME. JUST LOOKING AT THE BOW SPRIT WOULD SHOW YOU HOW GEORGE BUILT A BOAT.
BountyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 10:52 AM   #39 (permalink)

Default YANKEE CAPTS.

ANOTHER P/B THAT HANDLES VERY WELL FOR AND ALUMINUM BOAT IS CAPT. GREG'S YANKEE CAPTS. I FORGET WHAT KIND OF HULL SHE IS, NOT A GULFCRAFT, OR BLOUNT, MAYBEE SHE IS A SOUTHERN BOAT, GREG TOLD ME ONCE BUT I FORGOT.
BountyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2004, 12:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Default Yankee Capts

I believe she is an aluminum Yanks Built. Here is a Picture of the Billy Van that became a Capt Capt John Whale watch boat on the cape, Then she was the 2nd Speedy Express, and she is now the capt John from Keyport N.J.she was built side by side with the Starstream and the SuperSpray at the Gulf Craft Tibbs yard in Patterson LA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg db_232-captain-bill-van2.jpeg (41.3 KB, 12 views)
googin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.