Aruba - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Booked a trip to Aruba from 8/15-8/22, staying at the amsrerdam manor. First time to Aruba, any tips guys? i read reviews on tripadvisor, just wanted to get some inside tips

I want to snorkel everyday! i heard baby beach and the natural pool is a must do. i'd rather not book anything, i have my own snorkel gear.
fatties123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

I was there about 3 years ago. Nice place. Friendly people. If you're thinking of fishing don't bother bottom fishing. Trolling, if that's your thing (it isn't mine) is probably your best shot. Rent a 4x4 and roam the badlands. Eat fried Yucca (much better than french fries). Enjoy!
aja962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

My wife and I (and another couple) went to Marriot in Aruba for vacation about 4-5 years ago.

We loved it!

The weather there is beautiful all the time.

We got a local charter boat to take 4 of us bottom fishing. We went about 1 mile from the shore and caught LOTS of great fish. We gave some back to the captain and took the rest to the local small restaurant bt the beach. Within an hour we had one of the best dinners with wine and our fish... I do not remember the price of that sharter boat but I do remember that it was cheaper than expected.
mgasin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry. I got carried away. Reguarding snorkling, I would say your best bet would be to go out to a shallow wreck. Not to rain on your parade, but Aruba is not the greatest place to snorkel. That being said ,it's still better than going to work. The women You'll see on the beaches from Venezuela are to die for.
aja962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

We stopped there on the cruise. Definately rent a SUV and roam the island. You could beat the crap out of the trucks. The beach is great also. Have fun!
OFFTHEHOOK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, the Venezuela woman are hot there because the have no clothes on....[img]tongue.gif[/img][img]tongue.gif[/img][img]ubicon8.gif[/img]. But yes, they are hot with or without clothes.

I have been there about a dozen times. We always stayed at the Raddison. Nice property, beach and activities. When I was able to sneak out and fish, I pretty much always used the locals. Just ask the hotel your staying at for a local fisherman. I would go out in a 18ft CC Parker, inshore and offshore, bottom fishing and trolling. Always did well. If you head offshore a bit, just a little advise....don't go with anyone that gets seasick, the waves are pretty big between 6 and 10 feet. If you fish a few miles off the beach it's pretty calm with only 4 footers. When you get back to your hotel, bring your fish to the chef and he will cook it up for you. Have fun!

This post edited by Onemoredrift 03:59 PM 08/03/2007
Onemoredrift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.