NY Giants 2011 - Page 36 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #351 (permalink)

Final Score:
Giants 37, Referees and R. Goodell 14, Packers 6
pequa1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #352 (permalink)
jpd

I always like reading the other team's newspaper the day after.
This was in Saturday's paper.

Packers put '08 playoff loss to Giants out of their minds
jpd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #353 (permalink)

jpd wrote:
I always like reading the other team's newspaper the day after.
This was in Saturday's paper.

Packers put '08 playoff loss to Giants out of their minds

LOL, I do the same thing. Here is Today's article
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Koz54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #354 (permalink)

At least STATEFARM is still there....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCAR8Q4LL.jpg (37.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg imagesCA284O3U.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #355 (permalink)

reelfisher wrote:
CHEVY1 wrote:
reelfisher wrote:
I'm hoping we have a chance to make Brady cry again in the Superbowl. I definitely think we can take the 49ers. We played a close game against them and that was during the part of the season when our injuries where at thier worst. Can't wait for Sunday!!

Both the Giants and Patriots still have really tough games ahead. But if they do both make it to the Superbowl, GO PATRIOTS

Yes they do. I will be rooting for the Pats next week as I do not want to face the Ravens if we win Sunday.

I'll be rooting for Baltimore, we owe them a beating from 11 years ago. Besides it's never easy to beat a team twice in the NFL especially one with Brady and Belichick at the helm.
LarryNoBoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #356 (permalink)

I'll predict a Giants vs. Patriots superbowl. Guess who I predict to win it all? [img]ubicon8.gif[/img]
MakoMike is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #357 (permalink)

MakoMike wrote:
I'll predict a Giants vs. Patriots superbowl. Guess who I predict to win it all? [img]ubicon8.gif[/img]
The wrong team..

A-Team Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.
crabman1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #358 (permalink)

I know I'll get killed for this but I can't help myself from liking the Giants.

I have been a faithful Jets fans forever. Went to games at Shea with my father and growing up on L.I made me feel the Giants were more of a NYC team and the big brother to the upstart Jets. I've always rooted for the underdog and it seemed like the Jets were the underdog, red headed step child of NY football. I was friendly with the son of the equiptment manager of the Jets and once a week we played hoops at a local school. He invited a few of the Jets to come play with us. So for a couple of years I played basketball with Ken O'Brien, Freeman McNeil, Jerry Holes, Marty Lyons and a few others that would come a go. They couldn't have been nicer guys. Very down to earth. I remember Ken O'brien showing up in a VW Beetle. Here's the QB of the NY Jets and he's playing hoops with a bunch of local guys and driving a beetle! It strengthened my support for the team. When they won I was ecstatic, when they lost I was a nasty miserable person.

The previous 2 yrs, ( before this season) I was feeling good. We had a coach that seemed to change the losing, dreary culture. A promising young QB and a stout defence. 2 consecutive trips to the AFC title game led me to believe that this team was headed in the right direction. I am not a fan of selfish, show boaty type of players so the addition of Plax, Holmes and Cromartie were not my idea of the players I could root for. I'm more of a Wayne Chrebet fan. As the wheels fell of the bus and the selfish, infighting showed up, I really started to question why I root for this team. When Santonio Holmes did that stupid Eagle dance thing after a touchdown in a game they were losing but could have maybe had a chance of a comeback, I got sick of them. I was disappointed in Rex's blather and not disciplining Holmes for acting like a rookie instead of the captain he was.

On the other hand, the Giants have always carried themselves with a bit of understated class. I am a Boston Collge grad and the Mara family are big BC supporters and many of their children have gone to BC. Coughlin coached at BC and was the coach when Glen Foley's team beat #1 ND on a last second field goal. It is no coincidence that Snee, and Kiwanuka went from BC to the Giants, and if you don't know the story of Mark Herzlich then it is worth a google search. Here is a kid that was an absolute beast in college. All American, Acc defensive player of the year and finalist for the Butkis award. He was diagnosed with bone cancer and was told not only that he would never play football again, but he may have to have his leg amputated.
He fought back, was cured and went undrafted. It is no coincidence that the Giants have signed this kid as a free agent. How could you not root for him and the team that signed him?.

So though I haven't fully converted, I certainly wish the Giants all the best. If the Jets don't straight thier act out, shut up and play football then I might just turn in my Jets membership card for the Giants.

Plus they are the only team left that can beat the Pats.

Sorry for the ramble.

This post edited by PURSUITWA 12:25 PM 01/17/2012
PURSUITWA is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #359 (permalink)

Id rather seen you a Giants fan then a Gang Green fan, make the switch [img]tongue.gif[/img]
CHEVY1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #360 (permalink)

CRYING CHEESE HEAD GIRL
stpaul7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.