Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

-   Inshore Tackle and Techniques with Lep (http://forums.noreast.com/17-inshore-tackle-techniques-lep/)
-   -   Let's Talk Fluke Teasers (http://forums.noreast.com/17-inshore-tackle-techniques-lep/29132-lets-talk-fluke-teasers.html)

TowneCafeSal 06-10-2006 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New toy... ;)

gottog 06-12-2006 02:14 PM

Tried the larger XPS squids tipped with a spearing and it produced my only keepers from the JCAA tournament sautrday. Smaller squid also tipped with spearing produced countless shorts.[img]thumb.gif[/img][img]thumb.gif[/img]

Further testing required ;)

Cvis300 06-14-2006 06:04 PM

Source for Teasers

I understand Reelteaser has some great teasers. Where do I purchase them? Other sources?

xtasea 06-14-2006 06:05 PM

send a pm to reelteaser

BassAssasin21 01-22-2007 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is one of my personal bests

Leprechaun 02-04-2007 09:11 PM

So guess what, guys . . . ????

1 Attachment(s)
The Freeport Show is two weeks away. Yippie, this means that despite the "burrrr" temps of the past few days, the Winter is rapidly coming to a close. So I asked some of our esteemed fly and teaser-tying experts to send over some of their latest work and so here we go:

First up are a few of Jaiem's creations - if these don't look like whitebait, I don't know what does:

This post edited by Leprechaun 09:08 PM 02/04/2007

Leprechaun 02-04-2007 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How's about these little beauties? I find that this type of color works best in murky water, like right in front of my home inlet. Personally I've found that the B-52s (C-robins) also REALLY like this particular color, but there are times that you have to put up with the lemons to get to the lemonade. Sometimes the fluke will key on really bright chartreuse and almost nothin' else. Why? Who can way? But carrying a few of this color in your teaser box for that situation is a good idea.

Leprechaun 02-04-2007 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here Jaiem is showing not only a variety of fly/teasers, but also at least three different hook types that he wraps on. I personally prefer a stainless steel hook, but tastes will differ and Jaiem certainly has them all covered.

Leprechaun 02-04-2007 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jaiem is showing the popular ball-head version of some of his patterns - that pink and green looks mucho caliente- have to git me some of those.

Leprechaun 02-04-2007 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's something to be said for basic white. This was always my personal go-to favorite color, for years and years. But times change and so did my taste in trying more exotic colors. I always believed that pure white would provide excellent contrast over any type of bottom and would look alot like a small spearing - particularly as Jaiem ties them - with a flash of silver. This Summer I'll go back to white for a while and see if it can hold its own against all the other purty colors in my teaser box.