CTS models BS 702, 3, 4, 5 and 6, CN 702, 3, 4, 5 and 6, ES 662, 703, 4 and 5, BJ 701 and 702. Usage & catching info. - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

Finally in house! Colors are pink, stealth black, lemon yellow, tangerine, dark blue, candy apple red.

I rate this a good 6-8 oz sinker load, perfect for out catching around Long Island. The lifting power is there in these 7' beauties.

The other models;
BS 703, 704, 705 and 706 are also locally available.

Neil

This post edited by Captneilf 06:12 PM 09/27/2013
Captneilf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Bs 702

Went down to Capt Neils shop to make a donation for a a person in need, and while i was there i noticed a orange blank hanging in the rod rack.It seemed to be calling me. It turned out to be the new CTS Bs 702. Well after poking and pulling on it you can figure out what happend next. Well lets just say Neil has one less BS702 for sale. I just couldnt stop my self. I figured Fathers day is just around the corner, lol..Thanks for letting me hang out in your candy shop, i will see everyone sun morn for the showdown...R.C. P.S. NEIL IS STILL TAKING DONATIONS FOR A VERY WORTHY CAUSE!!~!!!!!

This post edited by reelcranky 02:46 PM 05/27/2011
reelcranky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Bill RC, You are crazier than I am. Thats the exact reason I don't go to Neil's shop as much as i'd like, I'm very very weak!!!!! Enjoy your new high end toy. How are you getting this one made up????...........Kevin R
kringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default CTS bs 702

Hybrid split grip. Cork up front, then a 1 inch piece behind the trigger reel seat(like your trigger only it has two notches for fingers)And a 4inch cork rear grip handle. Crome Fugi alconite guides, traditional wrapped.

This post edited by reelcranky 02:45 PM 05/27/2011
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

RC that sounds like a very sick rod. Please post some pics when you can of that beautiful piece. -Brendan
Jignpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Bs702

That rod just got designed, Gonna give the good Capt. Awhile to spin up this one. I will wait my turn like a good little boy. I know Neil has been working like mad to get alot of his rods out. Everyone wants them asap Then you add in all the rods he donates.You know the man has been busy when his own rods are taped at rubberbanded together.I will post pic. when she is done. I have my hands full for awhile with my Es 704 buck stick.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default ES 703 and BS 702 will be with me

on the CQ in the AM for you to test. Anyone who wants to try one just ask me.

I hope you don't mind that the BS 702 is held together with masking tape, ha, ha. Hey I catch fish with it so how bad can it be. Okay so there are no grips on it, yet.

neil
Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Oh boy!! What a blast!

On the CQ charter today we ended the trip with about an hour of porgy slaying. Man, the bite was on!

My BS 702 still has the reel seat and guides held on with masking tape. No time to wrap my own rod!

The tide was ripping so I used a 6 oz sinker. I knew the fish was at the hook, a slow lift and BANG!!! A little bit of high stick, wind down on the porgy and it was off to the races. This blank is definitely my new porgy blank for the big porgys.

I loved how it flexed with a load on the line.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Bs702

wow Capt. at a quick read, i thought bang was the 702 snapping!!!You scared the pooh out of me. Glad to see you doing some field testing on these New blanks..Lol. Good to hear your out of the shop once in a while.. See you soon.R.C.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default 15-55 question???

Hi reelcranky.

I have solved the question and the problem was ME! Doing some reading and I realize the 15-55 was a gram weight measurement of the lures this blank can throw.

The BS 702 is now listed as 12-15 # test class line. I do not know how they rate the CTS blanks but I am saying here that this blank will handle higher weights of line. I am going to test it with 30 or 40# when jigging blues and I am confident it will handle it. Blackfish will test this blank also.

If you like your rods to flex this BS 702 is a good one. If you like stiffer rods then check out the BS 703-704-705 and 706. These models are in Steve Petri's possession at Bob's Bait n tackle, Amity harbor. Call first to make sure he is in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.