Lep's Flea Market - Page 174 - Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #1731 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basswhoopin View Post
UC cxj 603 custom built by Ritchie of Atlantic custom rods. Rod was built to handle bigger tuna on the jig. Others I know with same blank built by Ritchite have landed bft to 140 lbs with no problem. Absolutely mint condition only saw 2 boat rides and never used. Rod is 5' 10 1/2" long. Rear grip is 15" fore grip is 8" overall grip is 28". It has Fuji alconite concept guides Fuji seat and gimbal. Custom butt wrap in blue silver and white, very sharp. I can email or text pics. Pick up in Nassau county LI asking 350
Sold
Basswhoopin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #1732 (permalink)

Default GUSA 70 mega mag

Selling 2 gusa 70 mega mags built by Seane. Xflock over cork,Fuji trigger reel seat,Fuji alconite guides. Rear14.4,fore 4.5. Beautiful wraps. Asking for $450 each. Will not sell separately. Must buy both. Pm for more info. Low ballers don't waste your time the blanks were blue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1003.jpg (179.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1004.jpg (184.1 KB, 23 views)
lordOfTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 09:41 PM   #1733 (permalink)

Default DNY Impact for sale

For sale is a Capt. Neil made very hard to find as it's no longer made impact MH rod. Cork grips rear is 13" fore grip is only 2". Trigger grip with black and silver wrap. Rod is 6'5" in length really like the action of the rod but it's a bit too small for me. Great action up to 3oz . $300. Drop me a pm or text me 631 766-8249. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170523_213508605_1495590044689.jpg (127.4 KB, 27 views)
Flukinit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #1734 (permalink)

Wow, Joe, are you SURE you want to sell this stick?

For those that don't know, the DNY Impact line of blanks were brought into this country many years ago (15 maybe?) as THE high-end graphite Japanese blank of their time.

Those savvy to "the good stuff" quickly snapped them up and had them turned into PRIMO fluke jiggers - myself included. And pretty much not a single one has come on the re-sell market, that I know of. Ever. Until right now.

As good as all the "new" stuff is, for example, the latest Loomis whatever, St. Croix's fancy Legends, and all the newer blank manufacturers, these Impacts are as good or better - THAT's how far ahead they were (are) - even from way back then.

Anyone considering a high-end stick for fluking should look this one over before committing to a new build. It is less expensive and most probably as good or better than anything being built today.

One other thing, I just got news (second-handed, to be truthful), that Capt. Neil has shut down his rod building business. If this is the case, then Joe's Impact is one of Neil's final rods and definitely the last DNY Impact he will ever build. Might not mean much to some, but means quite a lot to me.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #1735 (permalink)

Sounds to me like a deal of some sort is gonna be in the works between lep and Joe!!
Old 05-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #1736 (permalink)

Nope. I got mine. Plus I sprang for a new Ghost Hunter this Spring. I'm good to go on fluke sticks. For now, anyways.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #1737 (permalink)

Default Final price on the Impact

Dropping price to $275 which is a great deal I don't sell it I'll keep it. Thanks
Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #1738 (permalink)

Default Impact is sold..

Thanks Pete and Noreast..
Old 05-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #1739 (permalink)

Default New Owner

Glad to say that would be me. Just another great addition to my very special Capt. Neil collection. Thanks Joe and of course to the legend who crafted it.
MickieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #1740 (permalink)

Great!

Much love for Impact rods in general and the guy who built them in particular!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saltwater Fishing Discussion Board Including Inshore Fishing, Offshore Fishing, Saltwater Fly Fishing and Kayak Fishing forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.